ELVPHD works with the Lyons-Decatur Northeast School and Wisner-Pilger Public Schools districts to provide school nurse services to students.
Health screenings are completed on each student within the first quarter of the school year. Health screenings include: height/weight, near and far vision testing, hearing test, blood pressure, teeth check, and scoliosis.
Other services provided:
- Immunization record review on all students enrolled in the schools
- Emergency Action Plans completed for all students with asthma, diabetes or severe allergies
- Puberty presentations and discussions for all 4th grade girls; 5th and 6th grade boys and girls
- Instruction of school staff on the use of Epi-pens and AED operation
- Medication Assistant training for specified staff members to be able to administer medications at during school hours
Depending on the contract, services can also be provided for:
- CPR training for staff
- Diabetic monitoring
The Department can conduct other training sessions or address other issues that arise through out the school year. If it is outside of the contracted price, the school district is responsible for paying an additional fee.